4870 X2 Release DATE CONFIRMED

http://www.tweaktown.com/news/9804/r700_to_steal_nvidia_s_9800gtx_launch_limelight/index.html

It has been confirmed that the new flagship R700 or known as 4870 X2 will be launched July 14th.

... ATI have mercy on Nvidia...

if ATI ends up making the 4850x2 that thing will be a price to performance beast

but really what I want to see is another 8800gtx. basically a single gpu card (by ether maker) that just destroys everything to a degree that like 2 years down the road it will still be competing with the new cards.

HOORAY FOR ATI!

"but really what I want to see is another 8800gtx. basically a single gpu card (by ether maker) that just destroys everything to a degree that like 2 years down the road it will still be competing with the new cards. "

...but if they did it every generation it would have a hard time competing with those next generation cards 2 years down the line =p

Should I just say holy shit?

This is gonna be insane, I have been waiting for this moment for ages. Nvidia is finally getting gangbanged, I hope that these new cards will trash nVidia big time.

Carebox

lol yeah no doubt <3 ati

NVIDIA will be just fine. even though the 4870s and the 4870x2's are getting alot of attention just means that things are going to become much more competitive. better graphics, more power, cheaper prices. thats what you can expect in the future if ATI keeps this up. thats all it really means.

which is a good thing .... lol and thats why i love ati

awesome news! *drools*

I'm gonna buy two right as they release it ; ;

same here. saving up for them. i'll by skulltrail mobo and 2nd Q9450 afterwards. hope to have my system up and running my mid-end september

mid September? dang dude i hope to have mine running by the end of june lmao

haha. well, my gf's birthday is next week, and then our 2 year anniversary the week after that. SOOOO....gotta drop alot on that setting me back a whole lot of money. lol

ah i gotcha lol. well dude power to you

Yay, Its July 14th!!!!

Turns out the release date was for the release of the testing cards, that went out to major review sites :D Kudos

"same here. saving up for them. i'll by skulltrail mobo and 2nd Q9450 afterwards. hope to have my system up and running my mid-end september"

I don't think you can use Q9450's in the Skulltrail motherboard. Doesn't the skulltrail use socket 771?? And the 9450 is 775.

I think Dewality is right.

you would need this processor.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115044

Yeah...I know I'm right, I just didn't want to sound like I thought he was an idiot lol.

lol ohh.

well theres no shame in not knowing that it uses a 771, i mean if someone told me they were going to get any intel board i hadnt really heard much about id instantly assume it was socket 775 since 771 is pretty much only used in servers.