4770k + 760 / 8350 + 770 (3d and editing)

the price of an i7 4770k is about $150 more than the fx 8350. And the price of the GTX 770 is also about $150 above the 760. So pairing up the cheapest GPU with the more expensive GPU and vice-versa kinda balances the equation in price. But what about performance? Is it also balanced?

The i5 4670k is not an option becuase I need the hyprethreading/8 cores, for video editing and 3d rendering

So which duo is better?

which is betterndepends on whether your render software takes the gpu into accoint if yes go amd if no then go intel which is generally the better option more power less power comsumption/heat more tech. I personally say avoid amd at all costs they just dont work as well usually more trouble than they're worth generally

If you do go amd be careful of the motherboard you use you could fry the board if you cjoose a cpu that it cant handle

Id choose the 8350, whilst you may loose out on core for core power youl gain a huge advantage in multi tasking, whilst HT tech does help out alot on the Haswell chips it still lacks when it comes to the sheer number of cores on the AMD chip.

My choice would be the 8350 with a 770. I favor to go heavy on the GPU. Then next year mabey upgrade to Steamroller 8 core. 

I use PremierePro, AfterEffects for video editing, and Cinema4D R13 for 3d modelling and rendering. I'll alse be getting 16GB of RAM.

I use PremierePro, AfterEffects for video editing, and Cinema4D R13 for 3d modelling and rendering. I'll alse be getting 16GB of RAM.

Id get the I7 with a 760 or 7950. The 4770k will almost always get better results in professional applications.

better results yes but $150 better? personally i don't think so.

The difference when rendering in cinema 4d should be around 15% in favor of the 4770k. To me that is worth it if one has the budget to allow for it.