3D Printing Shenanigans - Nvidia A-Series Blower Fan Adapter

Nice work. Very elegant.

Back in the day (Tesla K20 and before 3d printers were a thing) I had a carefully folded cardboard duct held in place with masking tape feeding cold air into the GPU from a potentiometer controlled fan on our deep learning startup dev server.

Best £20, mostly the fan and pot, we spent. Gave us a 10% boost in training speeds. The CEO described it to one investor as “cardboard engineering” :joy:

1 Like

Awesome work! I am in University taking Digital Fabrication. I am learning how to use Rhino3d 8 to design sculptural art work. I am also a big 3d printing nerd. I just think about all the awesome things 3d printing can be used for if you can design it.

What software are you using?
What printer did you print it on?

1 Like

Awesome work, and thanks for the stl. Do you plan on uploading this on Thingverse or Printables?

Thank youu :slight_smile:

I just built this is TinkerCAD, nothing special lol

The Prusa MK3

1 Like

TinkerCAD does require a certain kind of patience though so you got that. I can get frustrated easily by small things. Like the web interface and having to sign into a profile for start.

I started my foray into 3d printing with a very clunky ender 3 max. It started to collect dust after 3 months because man alive that machine was deficient in every possible way. So dumb compared to the Prusa MK3+ that I got a year later. Last summer I added a sovol svo7+ to the mix. It’s so fast! :heart_eyes: I have shaved off 50% of the time its takes on the Prusa with smaller layer heights and still maintain excellent quality.

I was in the the grinding shop to day. My digital fabrication class made sculptures in Rhino for 3d printing. Then though the lost wax method we cast them into bronze. I was grinding off the spurs and such. Il upload a picture when its done.

1 Like

Hey Amber,

I said I would upload some pics of my art project when it was done. It’s all done now!

The left most face is a soap stone sculpture I carved in college. I painted it white temporarily so I could get a good 3D scan. Then the rainbow in mostly PLA. The furthest face to the right is the bronze cast 3d print.

Il upload more when I learn how to water mark my images better but for now this image gives you the overall project view.

cheers!

1 Like