3990x enabling Numa?

I’m playing around with a 3990x, and want to be super cautious. I’ve heard they’re real easy to kill.

If I go into the overclocking settings on the Zenith II Extreme Alpha. There’s an option for treating the Numa cores separately. Does anyone know if that’s safe to turn on?

Only thing will kill your CPU is adjusting your voltage too far and heat, stay away from voltage settings and keep it away from tjmax and nothing will happen to your system that a bios reset won’t fix

1 Like

Know by any chance what numbers are considered safe for PBO?

Not off hand, but I’m pretty sure you shouldn’t go past stock voltage or by much, I don’t remember if threadripper 3xxx has the undervolting clock stretching bug or not

Yes, yes they do

I would probably focus on tuning ram and keeping it cool, cool chips need less power and can boost higher to a degree

I’m just going to oc the ram, see how high I can get the infinity fabric, (based on this and turn pbo on.

Depending on the workload I’ll turn Numa / Uma on.

I haven’t had any luck finding any reliable pbo numbers for this chip. Just a video from a guy that looks like he set everything too high for a high benchmark score.

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.