32-bit or 64-bit Win 7 for 4GB gaming pc

no, just pointing out that it doesn't use that much, maybe 1gb at idle, also windows will use more than it needs, once something needs it windows will usually start using less

i was also refering to "If I install 64-bit it takes up almost 2GB of memory" not the discussion of how much ram you should get

Yeah I know. So 64-bit lowers it's ram usage when something else is demanding it? Then I'll definetly use 64-bit

Yeah I knew that they take the whole system's wattage into account for a power supply wattage recommendation. A single graphics card using 500W!!!! That would have to be a beast! As far as I know there aren't any that have gotten that high yet but some have got close I think. Yeah I'm definitely putting 64-bit on the system then.

Sounds like you know your stuff, I just like to be absolutely clear.

i can't say how much though, mostly comes up when people have a ton of ram and freak out because windows is using someting like 4+gb, and have to be assured that windows will always use x% of the available ram at idle but it doesn't actually need to

if you were using 1.9 on a 2gb machine with nothing running there's probably a memory leak, or a bunch of stuff running in the backround

Yeah I know a good amount but not everything like the whole ram is taken into consideration when specs are written but now I know! You learn something new every day :D

Oh a memory leak! I have never heard of that before!!! Tell me more if you want to, it seems intresting! Yeah I would say hp put a few things on it running in the backround. my 1GB dell win 7 32-bit uses 700MB-800MB on idle but the OS usage of ram goes down to 300 MB when I open up a game that requires more ram.