30bit color depth (10 bits per color) breaks everything

big difference with pro monitors, 8-bit signal will show bandings, uncompressed 10-bit looks much much better than any TV or monitors, including “10-bit” but actually 8-bit with dithering. I worked with them for a decade.

none of dithering should be taken into account, that’s irrelevant for measuring actual spec, a monitor should do what it said it can do otherwise it’s pulling marketing bullshit trick.

actual good pro 12-bit monitor panels are expensive, we’re talking upward of $50K. I’ve asked, and people have to ask because those monitor prices are never listed. and it’s less than 10 years old technology.

again, learn to read. i stated BVM & year.

no, I already pointed out BVM was 10-bit even when it was a CRT product line. you know how much pro HDR BVM monitor is now, and that people buy it?

dell has never been considered a pro display manufacturer like sony has. sony has color probe for their pro monitors decades before eizo brand even entered consumer conciousness. you have no clue about this.

I’m running a 30 bit display here with Vega (AOC U2790PQU) with zero issues?

edit:
ah, it seems to be running in 24 bit colour…

Hopefully that changes soon. This AOC thing is pretty amazing for 400 australian pesos. I’m shocked at how good it is for the money.

then you can tell me the difference between 6 and 8 bit.
and now you tell me if i get an result with absolutely no banding at all i will get even less banding with 10 bit?
do i get negative banding?

banding is a dead topic with proper processing the issue is only the noise floor.

welcome to reality. it does do what you want to do it.

you mean they don’t exist?
the flag ship oled mastering screen from sony is 10 bit…
yes we get new tech doesn’t change that 12 bit processing is far older.

that a CRT they are analog you know even with an digital input the panel is analog so if your DAC is 16 bit the “panel” is 16 bit… so what are you trying to tell me.
and nice that you state a dead screen doesn’t change that there are others.

your point? sorry are other screens not worth listing?

so again what does this change about the situation and give you any and mean anything to backup your claims? the only thing you claim here is that dell and eizo are bad because they are not that old and expensive or did i get this wrong?

just to make that clear neither dell nor eizo produce panels.

1 Like

I never tried to convince you, i was pointing your incapability to read since your first reply. My explanations even spanned to more than one reply, and you still can’t figure out how your latest replies were clueless & irrelevant to my original post that you replied to.

Fact: Given that you feel insulted by posts that never addressed you in the first place (at least twice to two different persons in this thread) out of nowhere, in which you then attempted to shown some kind of a holier than thou attitude without proof (I pointed this out at least twice), it’s obvious to people that uses their brain that you’re not intelligent enough to understand that it’s always been your own faults & limitations.

Hence my statement that you’re not capable of reading & behaving as troll is just stating facts and my preference.

Closing as posts have devolved to ad hominem.