$309 Core i7-7700k, Cheap Radeon RX 480 and RX 470 | Level One Techs

How attractive is the Core i7-7700K when it's cheaper than the Core i7-6700K? No joke, on Monoprice's eBay page the new i7-7700K "Kaby Lake" 7th gen processor is getting a discount to $309.99, free ship. Not bad since Amazon, and other retailers, have the 6th gen i7-6700K priced at $339.

In the GPU deals department, ASUS is running a month-long rebate on all their lineups, and if you find the right retailer (Jet.com in this case), you can pick up a Radeon RX 480 for as low as $141.49. If a VR-ready rig isn't in your eyesight and you want to save a wee bit more money, the RX 470 is also on sale for $123.80. Both deals can reap even more savings if you opt out of free return, or use a debit card during purchase. These are currently the best Radeon deals we've see as of writing. Update: The cheaper Radeon RX 480 4GB is now OOS, but a new deal has surfaced on the ROG Strix Radeon RX 480 8GB for only $184.99.

Finally, in the game deals department we have freshly minted Conan Exiles on sale for 20% off through our exclusive coupon code at Green Man Gaming. You'll also find GTAV on sale for 60% off at the same site (though this deal is expiring as early as tomorrow morning 11am). If you still haven't loaded up your Origin client, EA is offering Mass Effect 2 for free through the month, grab it quick before the deal ends.

Note: Sorry for the unannounced hiatus on these weekly deal posts. Our editors were both out of commission (newborn baby for one, family emergency for the other) - so rather than do a half-ass job listing and writing about deals, we ended up skipping for the month of January.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://level1techs.com/article/309-core-i7-7700k-cheap-radeon-rx-480-and-rx-470
3 Likes

Oohhh cool, I did not know these posts were still a thing. I will have to keep and eye out for some parts I needs in the future. Hopefully a few of these translate to european ends of amazon and such.

I really don't need an i7 but I'll be damned if I'm not considering an upgrade right about now.

Looks like that 480 deal went quick!

sweeet I just grabbed that free copy of Mass Effect 2!

Thx.

Anybody up for pgp tonight?

Yeah we went on a hiatus in January cuz a baby got in the way (hah) and for the other editor, family meeting in Asia beckon. Should be more regular now :)

1 Like

Oh man it was in stock for at least a week then it goes OOS the minute we post the deal. Great...

Oh no worries, I saw the post and that (emergency/family) is absolutely top priority. I just lost track of posts and promotions during the dark times, glad to see they are still around.

The only thing going right in Murica is that there are still cheap prices on tech stuff. I wish the Canadian dollar would recover so I could benefit from some of this.

A friend of mine is needing to upgrade her CPU b/c the G4500 is bottlenecking her GTX960 so I had been watching the 7700K for some time and received an email from ebay today that the price had decreased to 309.99. And believe me I felt duped at how Amazon and other online retailers were still selling last gen Skylake processors at a higher cost than Kabylake.