2P Dual monitor KVM hotkeys

I recently picked up the L1 2-port dual monitor DP1.4 KVM. After some initial troubles, I seem to have it working as intended. However, like lot of folks I’m sure, I had to plug my keyboard and mouse into the USB3 ports, and not the HID ports.

I know Wendell has mentioned the Falcon 8rgb micropad as a solution. However, I’m looking for someone a bit smaller, like a 3 or 4 key pad. I ordered a cheap one from Amazon (Ecarke Mechanical 3-button Keyboard), but am not having any luck getting it to switch ports on the KVM. Using a keystroke display program, the keypad does seem to be sending out Scroll Lock, Scroll Lock, 1 or 2, but still no luck.

My question is does anyone have experience with a smaller micropad that works with the L1 KVMs? On the totally opposite end of the spectrum, if I go bigger, I’d like to go big. Anyone know or use the Elgato Stream Deck to switch KVM ports?

Appreciate the help,
–Jamie

Well, no matter what I do with the Ecarke keypad, I can’t get the KVM to switch ports. I have another version, ReadyXIO 4-button keypad, coming tomorrow. I’m hoping I will have better results with that one.

I would love to hear other folk’s experiences with hotkey switching on the KVMs.

Thanks,
–Jamie

qmk works as I said, also this person built their own, which also worked.

Wendell,

Other than the Falcon 8 button, do you know of any other small QMK macropads? My googling isn’t unearthing any assembled options.

Thanks,
–Jamie

1 Like

the link above they got it to work with teensy BUT you need a tensy with a real usb interface. Some clever people did a bit-banging usb interface on one teensy I know that one doesnt work. But this one did. So you could search for a macro board based around the same model teensy as in the thread?

I got the second micropad in today, and was successful using it to switch ports on the KVM. Its a 4-button unit, so would fit well with the 4-port KVM models I think. Software to program it was more intuitive than the Ecarke, but the form factor of the Ecarke was a better fit for my situation. Oh well, I’m happy I pretty much have everything working as expected: Razer keyboard and mouse, 2K monitor, sharing of webcam and headphones, and hotkey switching.

The model micropad that worked for me: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09TBBR8RR/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thanks,
–Jamie

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.