I really need some advice as I am in a bit of a dilemma. I have only just become aware of the issue regarding the 2990 WX. Yes that is correct that CPU has been sitting on my shelf for a long time, that is a long story in itself. Thanks to the amazing videos, it appears there is a problem with the Windows kernel.
The question is which is the better solution for me to build. Using the 2990 WX or the 3900 X.
Just as a side note, I have a separate machine for gaming.
First of all I would like to say I actually have all the equipment listed below. Now it is about making a decision keeping one and selling the other.
Note: the system will be populated with three PCI cards:
- GTX 1080TI (PCIX 8 / 16 )
- Video Capture Card (PCIX 4 )
- Video Capture Card (PCIX 4 ) Special
I would like to use the system for the following:
- Video editing
- OBS streaming / capturing
- Basic 3D modelling
- Software programming
- NO GAMING
I have the following:
- CPU - 2990WX
- Memory - VENGEANCE® RGB PRO 128GB (8 x 16GB) DDR4 DRAM 3000MHz C16 Memory Kit — Black
- Motherboard - ROG Zenith Extreme Alpha
- CPU - 3900x
- Memory Kit — Black
- Motherboard - I have yet to pick one ( but it must have a 10 Gb port )