2700x/C7H cpu temperature monitor

update, reverted to ubuntu 18.10 default (kernel 4.18.0-12.13) and conky now shows cpu temp, guess lm-sensors is missing some support in kernel 4.19.8-041908.

I hope I put this in the right category, please don’t yell if I didn’t:sweat:
Ubuntu 18.10, cpu temp not shown in conky. conky: can’t open ‘/sys/class/hwmon/hwmon1/temp1_input’: No such file or directory
/sys/class/hwmon/hwmon1 does not have temp11_input listed.
sensors detect does however show AMD Family 17H sensor (driver k10temp) and I can see the cpu temp via “sensor”
following the guide: https://linuxconfig.org/monitor-amd-ryzen-temperatures-in-linux-with-latest-kernel-modules. when I enter “sudo modprobe it87” I get
“:modprobe: ERROR: could not insert ‘it87’: Device or resource busy”
I have tried other ID’s
0x8622, 0x8628, 0x8728, 0x8732,0xd120,0xd352 but all give the same error.

any advice would be super appreciated.
PS Psensor works fine but I’m wanting to get cpu temperature shown in my conky window.

I ran into that error too when trying to load it87 after a kernel update.

See if loading the kernel module like this works:

modprobe it87 ignore_resource_conflict=1

If so, you can follow the “make it permanent” section of the guide you posted.

lmsensors still have troubles with Ryzen . I use Xsensors from repo and CPU-X (https://github.com/X0rg/CPU-X) - any dependencies can be dealt with during installation of the package.

I got the same error but thanks for the suggestion
modprobe it87 ignore_resource_conflict=1
modprobe: ERROR: could not insert ‘it87’: Device or resource busy

conky.txt (5.6 KB)

here is my conky file, it reads Ryzen Tdie&Tctl temperatures as well as VEGA gpu temperature, it also shows the mhz of each cpu core. I had to rename to .txt file to upload it here so if your going to use it in it’s current form rename it to .conkyrc and place in home directory.

For Asus motherboards (eg C7H) with the WMI sensor interface, check out this project for a linux driver that works much better than it87 since it gets all the sensor readings you have in BIOS: New Linux sensors driver for Crosshair VII (and other boards with ASUS WMI sensors interface)

Works beautifully. It’s so great to have all the temperature, fan RPM, and voltage readings in linux. Finally! Many thanks to @electrified

1 Like