2560x1080 issues

Just got an lg ultrawide for christmass and I cant figure out how to change the res to 2560x1080. I tried to contact lg support but they told me to buy a new gpu. I have a 7970 and am pretty sure it can run that res. In windows settings I can go up t 1440p but the widescreen options do not show up. It came with a driver disk but I could not run it as I do not have a dvd drive in my pc and when I tried to download it from online it did not come with an exe. So basically I just need to get it running at the correct resolution.

Quick bump....would rly like to get this up and running correctly

put the disk in a computer that has a disk drive and copy the files over.

There is no executable file how can I run the files?

Just thought of this is it possible that because that because the monitor is hdmi and I am using a dvi to hdmi adapter, it cant run this res? I would assume that isnt the problem as it can run 1440p, but could that be the issue?

What connector are you using HDMi or Display Port?

^^above ur post

And it wont show you the native resolution in Windows yes, when you check the display settings it wont let you change it?

Nope it only displays 16:9-10 aspect ratios like 1440p or 1200p but no 2560x1080...

It's a DVI problem, though I dont understand why cause it has the bandwidth to display 21:9.

If you have any other ports, ex; display port or an HDMI cable. Try using that and see if it fixes it.

Ya I cant do that...I only have an adapter to hdmi from DVI...Any ideas before I order an dp to hdmi adapter? Also like I said it did come with some sort of driver cd I think that it will not help, but could it possible help?

Your monitor should have display port, just order a display port to display port cable and it should fix itself. All 7970s have a Display Port-in connector.

Also an HDMI to HDMI should fix the problem too.

nope the 25um57 only has 2 hdmi ports...and I have no clue why hdmi always has issues for me
and my gpu does not have an hdmi port

Strange. Then try ordering a HDMI to display port and see if it fixes it.

I use 21:9 but i use Display Port, Exclusively for it.

You could also try using the CRU utility to make a custom res since it will probably be hard to find something today. You can find it here http://www.monitortests.com/forum/Thread-Custom-Resolution-Utility-CRU.

Honestly I could not figure out how to use that. Also in the additional settings in the crimson drivers there is a custom resolutions setting, but when I try to set it to 2560x1440, it says it is not supported.

because VSR (Virtual Super Resolution) does not support 21:9.

Hmmmmm so if vsr is enabled on my monitor would that potentially open up more resolutions?

yes. but only for 16:9 or 16:10 based monitors.

So no....