2500k vs AMD 965 BE vs ? tryin to save money

I'm really torn between getting the I5-2500k and the AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE. This computer is being made completely from scratch, and I've done a lot of ready but I'm still no expert on knowing the difference between CPUs...so heres what I want and hopefully you guys can help me know what route to take as far as my CPU

-I want to be able to play every game out there on highest settings, maybe turned down a little bit for the highest ones

-I want to be able to plug it into my HDTV for movies (don't know if CPU choice affects this very much)

-I plan on overclocking for sure, but a moderate, safe amount. Nothing extreme.

I'm really trying to save money because I'm buying all these parts at once using as many black friday sales as possible, but I also want to keep it future proof. I already plan on getting a pretty decent GPU, maybe a 7870. I CAN afford the 2500k, but if I can achieve what I want and be able to save the 100$+ That would be awesome. Also I'm open to other AMD cards, the 965 BE is just the one I've heard the most good things about. THANKS ALOT for any help.

Get the 2500k if you cant find a 965 under $75 

The AMD cpu WILL bottleneck that gpu

The 2500k is going to be your best bet, but an FX6300 would be a viable alternative if you want to save a little money. 

The i5-2500K can overclock like a beast on steroids!! Much better than the newer Ivy Bridge CPUs, which tend to reach insanely high temperatures. If you get a decent air-cooler, such as the Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus (for around 25$), which Logan has mentioned on numerous occasions, you could get an extremely decent overclock. The 2500K, once overclocked, will absolutely demolish/destroy/annihilate/deface/dismantle (pick your favourite verb) the 965BE. I have had my 2500K for the past 1,5 years and I am not planning on upgrading anytime soon. With the new NZXT Kraken X60, I am sure I could get a lot more out of this beast of a CPU.

Good luck with the build!