$250 Computer For My Nephew

There is also a guy on Youtube called CultofMush who uploads these gaming builds every week. Check him out!

Anybody have good or bad experiences buying refurbished parts from NewEgg?

http://www.newegg.com/Store/RecertifiedStore.aspx?RecertifiedStoreID=23&name=Refurbished-Computer-Hardware

Cool, I'll check him out. Thanks!

This one looks like the one I was starting to build on my own, he also had another video here-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_587636075&feature=iv&list=UUOT-JgeHTozZ4tM1udNRujA&src_vid=-RUlu7a2KVo&v=OlF-p4ZLh28

I think this is the one I will end up building.

Most of the time they are fine. I have only gotten 1 bad part from them and it was a HDD, which those come broken sometimes anyways.

+1 on the AM1 thoughts. For some very light gaming and emulation its perfect. And for educational programs it would be great. One of the quad cores with 4gbs of ram and 500 gb hdd wouldn't be 2 bad. 

Okay cool, then I'll make sure not to get a refurbished HDD from there haha.

Yea it looks like a good deal. Plus you get to help out someone in the community.

I buy them with some frequency and have had no problems. Did you look at the referbed laptop I posted at the top of the thread?

Me too! but it was 1st grade for me.

:P

If you decide to go AMD FX, like a 6300 or something. I have a brand new M5A97 R 2.0 motherboard in the box I have no use for, I'm in Ma so It would cost basically nothing for shipping.  That would save you about 100 bucks if you go that route. I would love to help you out. I know the feeling of getting held back and it really stinks to have your friends pass you by. =|

Whoa, are you serious? That would be extremely helpful. I don't even know how to thank you.

I think I will be getting the AMD FX. I plan on ordering the build this Friday after I get my paycheck. Then I'll build the computer early next week after I get the parts, and hopefully be able to send it out to my nephew by the end of the week.

He starts school next week so it would be a nice "back to school" present.

Amazon

Ebay

newegg

tigerdirect

ect.

ect.

I have a 250 gb HDD 2.5 sata drive you can have.

awesome username op

Wow thanks that would be perfect! Should I private message you my mailing address?

But seriously, you guys are so kind.

Haha thanks, it was originally because of my initials, but I come from a long lineage of designers and I am a designer myself, so it kind of suits me (Jay-Pegg).

JPG, yes if you need it let me know and i will send it along.

It's actually a M5A97 LE R2.0, but it should be just fine for your nephew.  I also have an Asus Mini ATX board but im guessing you wouldn rather have the ATX?