2 x Dell Poweredge R900 is it SAS only?

To be honest, The R710 is not that loud compared to the Older 2950s. You could easily have it in a room with the door closed and you wouldn't hear it as long as the temps in decent (25C ambient)

I have a closet in my master bath that has an air duct feeding it cool air. Idk why it does. I'm going to put it there. Then I can close that door and the bathroom door. I don't think I'm going to hear it and it will be cool.

I did it pulled the trigger it will be here next Wednesday.

1 Like

Alright guys I got the server and have been playing with it for the past two days. I only get about two hours with it each days. We are working a lot of overtime at work. I can confirm that it sounds like a jet taking off at boot up but after that its not so bad but I also haven't put it under a load yet.

First day I got a USB to install ESXi on plugged it in and went straight to installing. I installed it to the USB. Went through the configuration. Got on my main computer and installed everything I need there. Got into the server and can't see the drives. OMG they are dead first thoughts. Then I look at the time it's time for bed.

Day two I start by looking at compatibility charts. Cross checking parts. It's all good. Well Wtf. I get home start to boot up. Long story short I never configured the raid that's why esxi couldn't see it. Never under estimate the level noob I am.