1st Time PC Build: Components ok? compatible? OK to use regular TV?

As a first time boot up after creation: is it ok to use a regular 32 inch LCD TV (Connect via HDMI through the GPU)?

Hows the Components guys, will I have any problems?

Proc: fx6300
MOBO: ggbyte ga-970a-ud3p
RAM: G.skill ripjaws x series 8gb (2x4)
HDD: WD 1TB
FAN: Deepcool GAMMAXX s40
GPU: Sapphire Vapor-x radeon r9 280x
PSU: 600W EVGA
CASE: DEEPCOOL Tesseract

That looks good! You can use a TV to test the PC, but I would recommend using a good CRT monitor as the main display.

Thank you! searching for CRT in about a week (my payday) hehe, will be getting the PC parts tomorrow and the next day so I'm gonna go ahead and build and test with the TV, honestly, i was holding off on purchasing the GPU and the Processor until I heard from you its fine (thought I might as well wait for a monitor) Thanks again!

Save some cash and just buy a second hand 7970, instead of the r9 280x.

Get an Asus M5A99FX Pro r2.0 for pretty much the same price.

Which EVGA PSU is it? Some of those lower priced ones from EVGA have 4 rails. That's a no-go in my book.

Is there a meme i'm missing here?

Lol I used a CRT monitor straight up until 2009. Damn thing just wouldn't die.

400hz master race.

PSU- Hi Jason thanks for the suggestions! As for the PSU: it is the EVGA 600 B 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified 600W Active PFC ATX12V v2.31/EPS 12V v2.91 3 Year Warranty 100-B1-0600-KR Power Supply (Is this the bad one you were pertaining too?)
GPU- The 7970 will give me higher FPS on BF than r9 280x?
MOBO-Im currently looking at your suggested MOBO and it looks really good, may i ask some of the prime benefits over the one i listed earlier (not currently fluent in mobo specs etc, hehe)

man, did not realize that the CRT monitors were the dinosaur ones, thanks x99 lol, and I take it my components aren't too hot either then.

This might give you an insight to how similar the performance of these cards is. Bench Marks

1 Like

man, thats weird, graphics cards are frustrating in that sense that newer models don't necessarily mean squat.

That's not the EVGA PSU that I was talking about, so you're good there.

The 7970 will perform almost exactly the same as the R9 280x, but it'll be cheaper since it's "older" and second hand. (They're both the same card.)

The motherboard i suggested has a 990fx chipset, instead of a 970.
-Probably better VRM design for better overclocking. (I cannot confirm this because I haven't used them personally, but it's pretty much a given.)
-Other perks, like 1 more PCI-E slot.

I'm sure someone that's more experienced with recent AMD platforms can tell you more.

"Some AMD 970 chipset motherboards may need a BIOS update prior to using Vishera CPUs."

The part is on the compatability list for your motherboard though.
Chances are you wont have to do a bios update, it will probably come pre-installed.

But be aware that this may be causing an issue if something doesn't work.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/kNGWCJ (compatability notes at bottom)

in terms of compatibillity he will be fine.

still idk what your budget is?
But if you could afford a intel haswell i5 with a 1150 mobo, then i would definitely recommend looking into that route.
But yeah it all depends on your budget.

Hi, my budget is pretty low, sub 700$. Actually my limit will probably be 700$ since I am going to need an ultra portable laptop (yoga or something of that nature) for my occupation at the moment.

for the price range are the parts sufficient and (makes the most use of the money) or is there cheaper parts that cost the same lol.

The thing I am most confused with is determining:

If cpu is compatible with a MOBO.......

Im confused cause theres soon many different kinds of MOBOs / SOOO many features.

What I do know: Mobos need to have same socket type: i.e. 1150 intel or FM2 AMD but thats pretty much it. Is there other things to keep in mind. Seeing that note of yours makes it even worse for me (Some AMD 970 chipset etc.) Since I always thought if its same socket type: done deal, it works together.) But I am so thankful you brought this up, since I probably would run into problems in the future in the same MOBO CPU compatible issues.)