1st time build for gaming!

Hey guys! 1st time desktop build and 1st time poster. I'm looking to build a PC for around 800-950 USD (I live in the United States) and I've made a parts list and wanted to run it by the forum. Its right at the very very top of my budget so anywhere I can save money without really skimping on hardware is great. This PC is gonna be a gaming PC and I'd like to get the most out of the amount of money I'm willing to spend. I would like to get into overclocking so some guides would be great (I'm not sure if my CPU that is listed is overclockable but if it isn't then can someone recommend something?) I'd be using this for gaming mostly. I'd like to play most of the newer games at high settings playable (ARMA, GTA, just gaming in general really... you get it?) I appreciate all feedback and am willing to change any parts out except for that case <3 I really am set on that case. Thanks again! OHHH and also I'm not too sure if the WD Blue and the SSD come with SATA cables so if anyone could help with that that would be awesome (I did put them there from Newegg just in case). One last thing is that I would like to keep a Blue, White, and Black color scheme for the case!

CPU: Intel Core i5-4430 3.0GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($182.06 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: MSI B85M-G43 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($74.98 @ OutletPC)
Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory  ($78.30 @ Newegg)
Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($84.44 @ Amazon)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($57.24 @ Amazon)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 270X 2GB Dual-X Video Card  ($193.98 @ Newegg)
Case: NZXT Phantom 410 (White) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($89.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($69.99 @ Amazon)
Monitor: AOC E2260SWDN 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($115.98 @ Amazon)
Other: OKGEAR 18" SATA 6 Gbps Cable - Newegg ($4.19)
Other: OKGEAR 18" SATA 6 Gbps Cable - Newegg ($4.19)
Total: $955.34
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-08-29 15:07 EDT-0400

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Grant_East/saved/mCQcCJ

It looks good But I modified it a bit to get a bit better GPU performance for about $40 more.

The EVO was a good SSD, but the Price to performance ratio is a little better on the MX100

while the H230 is not as big as the phantom, it does offer almost as much as a Define R4 with some sacrifices to allow a cheaper price. 

I was also able to add in an R9-280X vs the 270X   Everything else in the same.

if youre interested im selling a newly built gaming pc, i need to pay for my classes.. its about $1650 USD but it has pretty much the most powerful parts you can think of. 

Fractal Design Define R4

ASUS Sabertooth z87

Intel i7 4770K 

Nvidia GeForce GTX 780TI Superclocked

Corsair HX 850Watt PSU

Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600mhz

Kingston v300 SSD 120GB

Western Digital Caviar Black 1 TB

Let me know if you're interested, we can negotiate.

agree

Thanks a lot for the offer and I'd love to help you out but Im not totally saved up now. Plus I dont think I'd ever be able to do $1650. Sorry.

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Obstinated/saved/ngGbt6

this will give you better gaming performance, also is overclockable and just $30 more but I had to change the case XD

I havent heard many good reviews on that GPU. What are your thoughts about it?

Go to dealzon.com for better prices for bigger monitors. I got a 23 inch monitor for the same price as your 21.5 inch.

Neat place to find SSDs too.

The R9 290 is a great GPU. Faster than a 780 and cheaper too with more VRAM. The Windforce is quite a good cooler too