Yeah, I read the sticky for these kinds of posts.
- Budget: Really would like to be right at 600.
- I live in the USA.
- Looking to buy all from one retailer (All from newegg, or amazon)
- I will be getting a monitor for christmas, as I will order this around CYBER MONDAY/BLACK FRIDAY for deals!
- I will use this pc for gaming, school, and general browsing of the interwebs.
- I wouldn't mind overclocking, as I find it would be fun!
- No watercooling for now.
- OS will be Windows 7 booted by USB, or Ubuntu, then will find a key for windows 7 with ways unexplainable... SOMEONE TELL ME IF THIS IS POSSIBLE!
- Would love to be able to play bf4 when it comes out at around 60 fps, low 40 or 30 fps, on high or ultra. (Is it possible?)
- Will be playing 1080p if I get a monitor I want.
- BF4, Chivalry, TF2, Garry's Mod, Bioshock Infinite, and any other fun games really!
- Games mentioned above are games planned on being played by me.
- Will have a headset (turtle beaches z11?), keyboard and a mouse, so not necessary.
Would love to have blue LED fans if I could fit it in the budget :/. No need for an optical drive either. I'm in love with the case too, so I don't think I'll change that :P.
Amazon: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1mczu (NOTE: Some prices won't show up from amazon on the list actual total is: $637)
If I can save money some how by changing a part, let me know! This is really a budget gaming build, so I do like the GPU as I've read great reviews and appears to be a workhorse GPU for a budget.
All help/comments/rude gestures are allowed! Let me know, this will be my first build, and I'm excited to kill my console
okay so the hd 6970 will be as fast as the hd 7870 but will use a little more power. I moved you up to much and faster ram (8gb)a better motherboard and I moved you to a 125watt fx6350 @3.9ghz you should have more head room for overclocking. The motherBoard i picked can run crossfire with 2 gpus at 8x, 8x (this will not hurt performance unless you through two hd 7990's on) i changed the cass to a zalman. Ive built an i7 hd 7970 system in it for my friend and the case is very nice for a first time builder on air coolling. A hyper evo 212 will get you over clocking but the cpu will come with a stock cooler that is fine if you are going to say at stock for a time. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103065&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=
Most of the links are to Newegg. one is to ncix for the MotherBoard (its worht it) and the cass is from micrcenter. good luck to your build I'll hop back in to see how you are doing tho.
Ps all the coolors match with blue black and the case has an led fan and the fans are nice and quiet.
Alrighty! Thanks for the response! Why did you go with the iceq videocard? I really can't find any benchmarks or reviews on it or anything, other than that it looks like a solid build.
Well I am not going to post a build for one reason. By the time you buy, the 9xxx series of cards will be out. I would not suggest looking into builds right now because prices and items will change. And you can torrent windows and kut in onto the usb.
So you think it's best for the 9xxx series to come out first then look at builds? Would that change the prices alot?
"Alrighty! Thanks for the response! Why did you go with the iceq videocard? I really can't find any benchmarks or reviews on it or anything, other than that it looks like a solid build."
Okay the iceq cideo card should get you to 1ghz oc i run my msi 6950 (unlocked to a 6970) @ 925 with a lot of head room. Also if your going to buy the parts 5 months from now you should use that build as a guide. You might have a few more $ to work with and get a 7950 or a 7970. Other than that, I would make sure you get a mb that supports 125w cpus so you can up grade to an 8core steamroller cpu. ie http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1moOp or http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1moRt