$1800 PC Build

So I'm saving up money to build my computer as we speak. I would like to get some feedback from the community on thoughts for my build, and if there would be any bottlenecks or just anything wrong in general. So let's get started

Case: Cooler Master Storm Stryker

CPU: AMD FX8350

GPU: EVGA Geforce GTX 780 SC w/ ACX

MOBO: ASUS Sabertooth 990FX R2.0

Memory: 16GB Corsair Vengeance Blue 1600MHz

PSU: Corsair RM 750w 80 Gold Plus

HDD: WD Blue 3TB

SSD: Samsung 840 EVO

Cooling: Corsair H100i Water Cooling

Please give your thoughts :)

What is this build going to be used for? What country are you from? And should we include things like peripherals and the OS in the budget? From what I can see, there's a couple of things that can be changed to improve the price-to-performance ratio of this PC.

Yeah everything will work, but as DeusAres pretty much listed, we need to know what kinds of workloads you'll be using this computer for.

+1 use-case determines what should be in a machine, not forum approval.

i"ve got the stryker and i love it, it's not subtle :)

Plus it can double as a room divider. I know I have a HAF 932.  If I had it to do over again I would get something in the Fractal Design's "Define" series ... or any case that has sound dampening ... I can't bitch about the air flow in the HAF ... but I am tired of the noise.

Looks good and everything will work together.

However I'd change the GPU to an R9 290 (faster and cheaper). Unless you are using CUDA for productivity. 

Corsair Vengeance RAM is usually ridiculously overpriced so I'd find a different kit. 8GB for gaming. 16GB for gaming and productivity. 

Get a few smaller HDDs. After 1TB the failure rate goes up quite a bit. 

WD Blue only come in sizes up to 1TB for 2TB+ you would need WD Black. 

and I agree with DerKrieger that high capacity HDDs have inconsistent life spans ... some do well ... most do not.

I agree with him about the ram and the GPU also.

This would be more durable and faster (for an AMD build) and keeping most of your parts ... If it was mine ... I would change alot more.

Assuming this is for both productivity and gaming .....

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/gQDQwP

• CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core Processor ($179.98 @ OutletPC) 
  • CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($89.99 @ Newegg) 
  • Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($176.68 @ Amazon) 
  • Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($164.99 @ NCIX US) 
  • Storage: Samsung 850 Pro Series 128GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($122.29 @ Amazon) 
  • Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($56.98 @ OutletPC) 
  • Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($56.98 @ OutletPC) 
  • Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 290X 4GB Vapor-X Video Card ($652.09 @ Amazon) 
  • Case: Cooler Master Storm Stryker (White) ATX Full Tower Case ($144.99 @ Newegg) 
  • Power Supply: Corsair RM 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($89.99 @ Newegg) 
  • Total: $1791.94

Estimated Wattage .................. 593W

Or $1800 would build a good Intel rig ... 

+1 would just go with 240 gb ssd 

Or a good intel + R9 290