$1800 - $2000 Budget

I'm looking for computer parts that total about $1800.

Preferably, Core i7, a case that can house an H100 in Push/Pull, SSD, Corsair H100, and 120Hz monitor. Not too picky on the rest as long as my PSU can theoretically have up to two GTX 680's. This would mainly be for gaming but some video editing/rendering would also be done. If you can find some decent, quiet fans to run the H100 in a Push/Pull configuration that would be awesome. Also as this is my first solo build, a good toolkit would be nice. :) This may seem a bit specific because I know what I like, but not where to find it. ;D

Gracias!

PacificNic

I'd recommend this: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/myZx

CPU( Intel i7-3770K): A 3570k is really all you would need for gaming, but you said your gonna be editing and prefer an i7, so a 3770k is what I chose. It appears you are gonna be overclocking, so I added in the k part.

CPU Cooler( Corsair H100): I can't understand if you already have the H100, so I added it in for you.

Motherboard( ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ATX LGA1155): Not much to say, other than it's loaded. If your gonna be swapping it out for another one the best brands IMO are ASUS, Gigabyte and ASRock.

Memory( G.Skill Ares Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600): Not much to say again, I just chose 16GB because you will be editing and stuff.

Storage( Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive+ Mushkin Chronos Deluxe 240GB 2.5" Solid State Disk x2): 3TB HDD+ 240GB SSD x2 will last you for a long time. Plus you will need it for faster rendering/editing.

GFX Card( Asus Radeon HD 7970): The 7970 is more than enough for gaming. I prefer it over the 670 and 680, because IMHO the 7970 is faster, for a cheaper price. More bang for your buck. If your gonna be using something like Adobe Premier, or need the CUDA cores, the 670/680 will serve you better. But by the way you say it( "but some video editing/rendering would also be done."), I don't think you will.

Case( NZXT Tempest 410 ATX Mid Tower Case) : Not much to say, just that it fits your need plus the Tempest series is recommended by Logan.

PSU( SeaSonic X Series 850W 80 PLUS Gold Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply): Again, not sure if you already have one, but SeaSonic is the best brand IMHO. Plus its 850w and 80+ plus gold certified. Futureproof if you want to add a second card down the line. 

That's it. Your gonna tank every game no problem with that build. All of it add up to $1711 before rebates, so it's gonna save you some cash. BTW, do you already have an OS? If not, that's gonna run you down another $100. A tool kit is not really necessary, all you need is some screwdrivers and proper knowledge( by "first solo build" do you mean that you've built one with other before?). And touch a metal part before building. Preferably, don't do it on a carpeted floor or while wearing socks. If you want to cheapen it up, you could lose one SSD, get a 2TB instead, get a 3570K instead, or get a cheaper PSU.

That about sums it up. Basically, if I had your budget, this is what I'd get. Maybe not entirely, cause I won't be editing.

Cheers,

Z