1700x question for 247 oc

nice nice. You should make a nice build log when you get it going.

Some users are acting like water cooling is a panacea.
However, many water cooling enthusiasts, some who are pro reviewers, are saying that due to newer CPU architecture running cooler plus more efficient custom air coolers, there isn't much performance gain from water over air.
Custom loops of course are beautiful to look at, and I certainly can understand that is enough reason to make one, the cost be damned!
After a lot of internal debate about whether to purchase another AIO that matched my build perfectly, I wound up getting a custom Air cooler:

1 Like

im gon a be about 1000canadian on a loop eith all ek brand... tho im kinda obsessing over songularity pump nd res.... but i have no idea of they grey will match more over the black... as my fittings r black nickle... and case is black

build log? i was gonna make videos on everything only got my phone camera tho... and a 2 and a half year old running around lol might post videos of me taking apart of the fury x when i get my second one next month

still need to test my shit more >.>

but dunno for the temps still lol.(for checking in windows in bios seems to be fine but that dont help for stability testing and shit)

but did a trial run of 1.375 4ghz all did was run the older cpuz bench

need to do a major stability test thing/maybe try boot it bit lower dunno. didnt mess with llc or anything, but wanna get this working good, so then i can move it to the pstates w.e. shiz

I meant a thread on the forum with pictures and stuff. People dig that. Check some out.

maybe if i figure out how to do it

1 Like

is oc ryzen hard and oc the ram? i got cl14 3200 ram and i just wanns run it at 3200..

3200 tends to be the sweet spot for ryzen. Ryzen tends to benifit decently from higher ram speeds so running it at 3200 mhz is a good idea.

As for overclocking the CPU itself all I did was up the voltage to 1.35v and 3900 mhz. No other tweeking needed (minus ramping up the fan speed). If I were you I would not expect more than 4100mhz, and thats if youre lucky.

is robbert hallock talking about ryzen oc for most all of the video lol

for memory/core, what some of the options are(that may not be immediately obvious like vpp)

2 Likes