1700x question for 247 oc

i currently have a 1700x and im doing a full custom loop here in the next few months i was wondering what max voltage i should be set at for a 247 oc i wanna run my pc all the time i just hear so many variables... im aiming for a 4.1 but will be hsply with a 4.0

1 Like

Max probably will be 1.45v, technically can go to 1.5v but I wouldnt do that unless temps are really good and its necessary.
My 1800x needs 1.384v for 4ghz and anything more ups the volts by a large amount, I.e. 4.1 ghz needs 1.41, and I didnt go past tjat because it wasn't good temp wise on my air cooler. But still, 1.45 or so should be the highest you want for a daily OC. Maybe 1.5 if temps seem OK.

I predict you will get different answers here, but personally I'm not comfortable above 1.4375v because of Load Line Control going higher. Of course temperatures might make this voltage unwise if your chips runs hot, and so you'll have to go lower.

1 Like

I've gotten to 3900 mhz with my 1700 at 1.36v. You shouldn't need much more than that for 4.0. I haven't even tried getting mine to 4000mhz because of the stock cooler no being able to handle itm

1 Like

Doesn't even AMD strongly discourage anything above 1.4V for 24/7 use?

Why exaclty do you want do oc it? I'm asking just out of curiosity...

Edit: According to tom'sHardware your voltage should stay around 1.35V.

I haven't seen anything from amd on max safe voltage for 24/7 OC. All I have heard them say is they don't recommend going above 1.45 for non 24/7 OC. So I use offset and try to keep it from going much over 1.4 for temp reasons (I am on stock). I am also on the 1700 non x so my system is slightly different than guy who started this threads system.

well im running 2 fury xs... so i kinda wanna push as hard as i can... and offset? im gonna be using the asus rog crosshair 6... should of said that. but i hear oc the ryzen cpus are a pita....

1 Like

Of course depends a bit per cpu.
But i think arround 1.36V / 1.365V ish should be sufficient with some LLC tweaking.

1 Like

yeh im usong 2 360mm radiators with 2 fury x and the cpu in the loop so.

My 2 cents on 24/7 voltage under custom water:
You can push it a bit higher than is typically recommended, because the cooling is a lot better. That helps in a lot of cases. However, given the very quickly diminishing returns on ryzen, if its another 0.05 volts for 100mhz, i wouldn't go for it, especially not if i was already approaching the upper end of voltage. Beyond all that though, you sound like an enthusiast, and to my thinking for people like that, by the time voltage degradation becomes a serious issue, you're likely to have already upgraded or be looking to upgrade. Since heat wont be an issue, I would think that 1.45 should be fine, as you wont have heat death as an issue either. Depending on your motherboard you may need to be more careful there though, however.
Disclaimer: I run neither a ryzen cpu nor a custom loop, this is just based off of my observations over the years.

of course.

@CSRFBroforce two 360 rads is quite a lot. As long as you have decent fans you should be good with those cards.

i am running [email protected] for 24/7 100% utilization load. Temps look decent ~65'C, everything stable. (bios v1.2 on msi gaming carbon pro, on v1.3 was overheating like hell)

• my waterloop also cools down 2x e5-2670's, and single fury-x; also pretty much @100%.

ill be using the ek fans

those ek vardar fans? Ive heard that good, but expensive. Granted if you have the money for a custom loop and all that hardware it probably doesnt matter if you spend an extra few bucks on fans.

That is a lot of cooling though, espically considering the fury x comes with 1 120mm rad and does pretty damn good.

well its all gonna be crammed in a enthoo evolv atx... so. if i got room im also adding a 120mm at the back aswell

I wouldnt put a rad there, just a regular fan. Preferably 140mm. That is plenty of cooling with enough space. can that case even fit those rads?

gotta mod the top but yes

Thats close enough for me!

the top has flanges on the bottem that resetics 5mm fans in the top theres 4mm of room once u snip back the flanges.. the fans it

lol its gonna be cool i got all my blocks and stuff in my closet wating to get my fury x... them my pump case cables. and psu nd im building