1440p gaming monitor. Or 4k gaming monitor?

Okay so what is the best option now for a gaming monitor and tv? A 1440p gaming monitor with gsync? And a samsung 55" 4k tv? I already got the tv. Is it really worth it to get a 4k gaming monitor? Gonna use a steam link with the tv.

http://www.microcenter.com/product/478876/Agon_AG271QG_27_LED_Gaming_Monitor_w-_G-Sync

http://www.microcenter.com/product/477196/MU6300_55_Class_(546_Diag)_4K_Ultra_HD_Smart_LED_TV

If you care at all about input lag and response time you would not use a TV for gaming. I would stick with the 1440p monitor unless you really want 4k.

I already got the tv. just wanna use it for steam link with single player games and gta V. Or maybe a 80foot hdmi cable with wireless Logitech keyboard and steam controller and maybe wireless headset.

I dont know how well an 80’ HDMI cable will work for you but if thats the case then the steam link should work ok.

Try the Steam Link with the TV as it’s always going to have some lag and limitations to the res/fps. If you aren’t happy with the gaming experience on that setup then yes you’ll be looking at a “gaming” monitor for the best experience.

I dont think the Steam link can do 4K.

No it can only do 1080 but I think the OP will be buying a dedicated “gaming” monitor if the experience on the TV isn’t good enough.

Having messed around with 4K 60Hz, 2560 x1080 @ 144Hz & 3440x1440 @ 100Hz I settled on an UW 34" 3440 x 1440 @100Hz but I tend to limit all games to 75fps which is what my 980 Ti can manage in just about all games. No point drawing 80+fps if it can’t sustain that which reduces the load on the GPU and provides a smoother gaming experience. I also have G-Sync enabled for those times the GPU can’t draw 75fps and worst case drops to 50 fps or less.

I’ve tried 60Hz on the 1440 monitor and I do notice the lower refresh especially when fast panning. 75 fps is smooth enough for me to stop noticing jerky pans or input lag so that’s my target now.

Setting the monitor to 100Hz means it can always draw any frames sent fromt he GPU and Windows desktop is also smoother in general use.