120hz to 60hz converter

Is anybody aware of a hardware converter that converts 1080 120hz to 1080 60hz? I am looking to output a Display Port signal (over a DP to HDMI cable) from my graphics card into a capture card but the capture card can at most do 1080/60p. I’ve tried about 10 different queries on search engines, and I can’t find a damn thing because of how bad these search algorithms have gotten.

Why not just set the output from graphics card to 60hz? Because AMD drivers have an issue for Vega cards where if there is a large discrepancy between refresh rates then the displays flash. Main display is 165hz. Second display and output for capture card is 60hz; I would like to bump these to 120hz and then convert them down just before the display and capture card.

Any halfway decent capture card on the market does that automatically, it’ll only capture whatever it can and ignore the frames that are “too many”.

Already have this:
https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/decklink/techspecs/W-DLK-06

It has a list of video standards supported… 120 ain’t one of them.

Ah yeah the Blackmagic cards are very picky on the input signal unfortunately (or fortunately, depending how you look at it).

That being said, you’d need to go down to 30, not 60. This card does 1080i60, or 1080p30

Well crap… honestly didn’t realize that until now. Guess I should have known seeing as how it’s only a 1.5G SDI connection. I literally come from a video background, why did I miss that? I’m a damn filmmaker… granted I have touched a camera in 7 years (which is when I got this card). Hunting for a new card then.

Anybody aware of anything with Linux support? Planning on running either Ubuntu or Mint.

Depends what kind of features you need.
Here’s some options I was looking at though:

Looks like the ClonerAlliance Flint D4P would be the best support I can get outside of something that’s approaching close to $1000.

A Shogun 7 might work, but not sure if it passes through native 120hz or can downconvert it to 60hz on SDI output.

The higher end Decklink 8K card can accept 120hz 1080p guaranteed over SDI. The Mini recorders don’t at all, not even the Quad HDMI recorder. Shogun 7 or Ninja V Pro Kit and the Decklink 8K might work. If you’re sticking to Blackmagic, you have to convert to SDI.

You may have to look to Magewell’s Pro Capture cards if you want to stick to HDMI, but those have hiked significantly in price due to being a Chinese company and US tariffs targeting Chinese companies.

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.