~$1100 PC build

So I plan on building a $1100 ish desktop that includes a monitor and keyboard in the future. I prefer not to pass my budget. I will be using this desktop mostly for gaming and everyday tasks. I already kinda made a list so I want to know what I can improve. Will there be a bottleneck? Here is what I plan to build:

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/kRdDMp

Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/kRdDMp/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core Processor ($139.99 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($26.99 @ NCIX US)
Motherboard: Asus M5A99X EVO R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($89.98 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: Kingston Fury Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($68.85 @ SuperBiiz)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($69.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 970 4GB ACX 2.0 Video Card ($319.98 @ SuperBiiz)
Case: NZXT H440 (White/Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($109.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($49.99 @ NCIX US)
Monitor: Asus VE248H 24.0" Monitor ($139.99 @ Amazon)

Case Fan: Cooler Master R4-L2R-20AC-GP 69.0 CFM 120mm Fan ($7.95 @ OutletPC)
Keyboard: Cooler Master CM Storm Devastator Gaming Bundle Wired Gaming Keyboard w/Optical Mouse ($28.99 @ NCIX US)

Total: $1068.59
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-11-28 01:38 EST-0500

I already have a 250 gb ssd for OS and I will obtain OS from "friends". Thanks for your input!

P.S. I'm trying to make everything blue in the case.

There won't be any major bottleneck with that build.

My parents own one of those monitors, and let's just say that I've certainly seen better. I don't know why, but it's a very harsh screen to look at, even when compared to my monitors (which are also cheap) and a couple laptop screens.

It depends allot on the games you play and how you play them.

a FX8350 will definitely bottleneck a GTX970 in cpu bound or cpu + gpu bound gaming scenario´s like multiplayer. especialy MMO´s. But there are also allot of games in which there is allmost no diffrence between amd and intel, so called gpu bound games.

Basicly a FX8350 will be fine, But an haswell i5 is simply the better allrounder for gaming. By all means. ☺

Ok, can you guys recommend a build that cost too much more than this one with an i5?

Eh, I'm not sure if it would be all that noticeable. On a CPU bound game it'd be noticeable for sure, but most games seem to be more reliant on the GPU.

Although I suppose I rarely play anything online so I guess I've rarely played CPU bound games in the first place (other than Minecraft of course).

Something like this maybe?

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3vHzWZ

If OP wants to pinch a couple pennies the NZXT S340 has similar aesthetics to the H440, but it's about $40 cheaper right now.

yeah like i said it depends allot on the games you play mostly, and also offcourse which resolution.

If its realy noticable depends also from game to game, MMO´s i would say yes definitely, the drops in the minimum fps is where the diffrence is.

Same with multiplayer games if you are with allot of people in a combat, fireing guns rockets flying everywhere, there is where games become cpu bound. Intel cpu´s have a better single threaded performance, so in these heavy scenario´s the fps drops (or minimum fps) will most of the time be a bit better. Somethimes this can lead to diffrence between still smooth, or choppy.

But there are also games on where you get smoothly 60+ fps on both chips without any pain. So in that scenario there is still a bottleneck, but it will be less noticable.

An FX8350 is definitely not a bad chip if you do more then gaming, like 3D rendering or virtualization, in these tasks the FX is great. But for pure gaming the i5 is the better allrounder. fps diffrences in the minimum can somethimes be huge. And in my opinnion if you go with an highend gpu like a GTX970, you would like to push the most out of it in any gaming scenario.

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/deejeta/saved/Xgjqqs - i5, cheaper case (still ok though), ips monitor, better psu etc etc.

Fans - 120mm bitfenix for the rear, 2x 140's for the roof, use the case supplied 120mm fan for the front.

Planning to play games like The Crew, COD AW, Borderlands and some mmorpgs and league, which takes like no gpu. So you think the extra $70 or something gonna make a really big difference?

those MMO´s yes definitely. league of legends definitely benefits from intel, so is borderlands.

Aight Thanks!

make sure to partition the hard drive so you don't lose everything when it fails ... may think about a  Hitachi if you want a large drive ... a bit more money but  better failure rate

Ok, I already have an SSD for boot so I wont lose everything but I'll keep that in mind