1080ti HOF OC Lab Edition, or FTW3?

I can't decide between the Galax and EVGA cards. I'm guessing both will have about the same performance. The Galax just has the white PCB, and maybe a nicer water block. Are there any other differences that warrant the higher cost on the Galax? Does three vs two 8 pin connections help with OC stability?

Three 8 pin doesn't matter unless you are crazy and LN2 driven.

My understanding is Galax are very well built cards. I have heard they have the least RMAs. EVGA however has the best customer service though YMMV.

Didn't really help did it?

Really sounds like a coin toss.

Problem is... all 1080 Ti's pretty much clock the same, even the Founders Edition if you put it under water. The only difference are cards like the Kingpin or the Lightning that lift certain power limits, but those are more targeted at extreme overclockers anyway (aka LN2 etc.).

It really comes down to cooling and noise, but if you put them under water anyway it doesn't matter because... water (though I don't know who's the OEM for the block and how good it is).

That being said, personally I would take the HOF card just because I like the white PCB. Then again, I'm not crazy enough to spend that kind of money of a GPU :stuck_out_tongue:

i would say don't get Galax, simply for the reason EKWB don't make waterblocks for them afaik. i'm thoroughly disappointed with my 980ti because of that, and in my experience, it runs hot.i constantly have to limit my games to 60 fps in order to keep it out of the upper 80's.

i think Bitspower make a full cover block for them, but i don't know them from a bag of bricks.

Edit: OP's link suggests that's the Bitspower waterblock i meant. honestly, i would just pick up a card EKWB supports, and by one of their blocks. save yourself the cash.

The version he linked already has a block on it :wink:

Bitspower blocks in general are pretty good.

they might be, all i know is EKWB look like the running standard. unless he's already experienced in water cooling and knows what's what.

Yeah they are pretty good on marketing and present on the market. There are a lot of other good companies though.

Anyway, drifting off :smiley:

If you have the budget, get whatever looks best for your build :stuck_out_tongue: Performance wise it won't make a difference.

Galax has a Bitspower water block. Bitspower are the best water blocks.

I'll probably end up going with the Galax; since, who knows when the EVGA card will be on sale again.

Worth remembering that EVGA has a "give the customer a blowjob" approach to customer service lol