1080p Gaming in 2017 (GTX780 replacement) - new psu 2021

I had that problem when switching from a Nvidia GTX 660 in SLI to an AMD RX 390 and back to a Nvidia GTX 970 when I gave up. The problem isn't drivers or using Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU).

When you run a game using Nvidia or AMD initially and then change teams, the game's configuration files (.dll's) still has links to the Nvidia libraries or PhysX extensions or AMD GCN shader extensions saved in the config. The way that worked for me was to edit the config for every game in order to remove that link and when you start the game again it will add a new link to the appropriate library that will be saved for your new GPU.

Backup your config before you try it. It worked for me but who knows how your games will react to messing with the config.

1 Like

Thanks for tip about MSI Afterburner, just what I needed!

I have completely removed:

1. Current AMD driver
  2. Nvidia driver
  3. Intel VGA (which has been in use, while new GPU arrived)

Then I installed latest Crimson 17.5.2 optional drivers.
Games don't seem to have issues launching, anymore. Still cannot play Gta V on ultra. On very high, it's fine.

Afterburner shows the VRAM at 2000MHz, GPU at 1411Mhz (factory overclock). This probably means, that card works as intended right?

Do you think, it's worth to clean install windows? Can I get more off that card, or "don't fix it, if it ain't broken".

Steam Library along with all interesting data is on separate hdd. The problem with library is, it doesn't work after windows reinstall, if I remember correctly.

1 Like

Not too sound like a fanboy but upgraded to a 1070 from a 680

Hello everyone,
4 years later, the psu has died yesterday.

Please can you recommend something for RX580 Nitro+ LE (NITRO+ RX 580 8G G5 LE), i7-4770k (all cores turbo)?
Iā€™m deciding between Corsair RM650x or RM750x, but will be happy to get a recommendation.

No future upgrades planed on this machine.

Those are fine, Seasonic generally makes great PSUs

Seasonic Focus GX650 Gold or Corsair RM650x(2018). They cost the same.

Seasonic

Went with Focus GX650, it has been working fine without any issues :slight_smile: