1080p doesn't look like 1080p :/

So let me just go ahead and tell you guys I've got an:

Asus A88XM-Plus

Sapphire HD 7850 1 GB 

Samsung S22C300HS: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-S22C300HS-Monitor-250cd-1920x1080/dp/B00BFTRSXW

Now everything was working completely fine... until today. I had my HDMI cable plugged into my GPU and monitor obviously, but now I wanted to connect my PS3 as well. So, I decided to use this VGA to DVI adapter to plug in this guy, and use my HDMI on my PS3. Therefore, all I'd need to do is hit one button and i could switch inputs :) That's awesome imo. 

Howeever, ever since I plugged in the VGA cable, I got problems: lots of problems. Firstly, the screen refused to run at native 1920 x 1080 and was at 1600 x 1200 I believe (or something by 1200). I don't know what I did but it started to run at 1080p again :/ I literally just played around with catalyst control centre. However, now the 1080p does NOT look crystal clear. It looks a liiiiittle fuzzy. Like, as if playing on a resolution higher than 1600x900 but lower than 1920x1080. I can notice it and it's killing me :( I've tried playing with the overscan options, changing the res, installed the latest beta drivers (14.6),  tried using the HDMI cable again. Now the 1080p is just like damaged and it isn't as sharp as I feel it should be :/ 

it's probably because you're converting a n analog to a digital signal. use a DVI or HDMI or Displayport cable whenever possible.

Have you tried a different VGA cable?

Have you checked to make sure that the refresh rate is at the monitors maximum? I have seen it happen where it will be a tad bit lower and the picture, especially text, will lose its sharpness when this happens.

get a IPS monitor and be done with that