1080 ti

Well I just did it and pulled the trigger on a EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC Black Edition. My wallet is now empty, and my hopes are high.

I also just invested in a LG 34UC79G-B 34-Inch 21:9 Curved UltraWide I don’t think I’ve ever seen a ultra wide in real life, but I figure it will be an upgrade to my old 27" HANNS-G.

4 Likes

Enjoy your 34" ultrawide : D have the same dimensions but higher res. The GPU is really nice too. Even my GTX 980ti is going strong 80-100 FPS+. So no worries you should hit 144+ in most games at 1080p ultrawide.

That’s a 2560 x 1080p monitor. The 1080Ti won’t have any problems driving it. It is a free sync monitor instead of gsync though so I hope you were not planning on using that feature. Mines a 3440x1440 ultra wide with free sync as well. I bought it when I was still using a couple of AMD Fury cards but I don’t really miss not having it since the 1080Ti gives me better, smoother frame rates on most games anyway. I usually set the vertical sync option to fastest in the Nvidia control panel so it simply drops the frames that go over my fresh rate to avoid tearing and keep the input latency low.