1050 ti SSC vs rx 470

Plus better marketing, and other stuff...
May we not turn this into amd vs Nvidia? The question is fairly specific, 1050Ti vs RX 470, and in raw performance, rx470 is some 20-30% faster, than the GTX 1050Ti. So unless the price is some 20-30% lower (likely not), then the RX470 is a better product. Especially with the DX12 performance and the Vulkan performance, and the dirt cheap freesync panels....

1 Like

My points are valid. raw power does not = realtime real-life performance. I just prefer what works better for my workload, this is not a pure gaming forum.

if your playing AAA games at 1080p a GTX 1060 3gb can get 60fps high/ultra in almost every current title. the 1050 ti is meant to be an E-sports card like the RX 460.

a 1050 is really only worth getting if a low profile card is released. then you could throw it in a cheap core2duo system and have a reasonably powerful HTPC.

not to mention the fact that AMD is better in dx12 and vulkan... the 2 api's coming up for the future... also not mentioning that in most recent generations amd cards gained performance through driver updates to the point where they were beating the card 1 tier higher by EOL.

I could continue but I would also like to not make this an AMD vs Nvidia thread... Just adding more reasons as to why the 470 is the clear choice here.

3 Likes

NVidia at this point is selling more for it's brand than it is good (even though they have in fact, delivered with Pascal). I seen people going for a GTX 1050 Ti right away when it's like, why not an RX 470? "Because it's AMD", okay, so save only $20-50 getting a far weaker card.

"My points are valid. raw power does not = realtime real-life performance. I just prefer what works better for my workload, this is not a pure gaming forum."

And realtime performance suggests...that GTX 1050 Ti get's stomped by RX 470...unless your using Cuda.

20-30%, try 60% lol.

Well, I am using this website...

It sais 25% between reference 470 and MSI 1050Ti... So my bet is 30% if you consider the DX12 and Vulkan...

1 Like

Here is one that actually takes into account the price drop from amd

doh, I did not intend that as a reply to you

blame it on my sleepyness :P

1 Like

True. But it does have some power to it. It can manage a game like GTAV at high detail @1080p very well.

http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/msi_geforce_gtx_1050_and_1050_ti_gaming_x_review,23.html

The 1060 is a better long term bet though.