1000 USD Gaming Laptop

What is the best budget gaming laptop available in the US? My budget is $1000, I'm looking for any size screen so long as it is 1920 x 1080, a GPU that matches or exceeds the quality and power of the Radeon HD 8970/GTX 770, and an i7 or A10 processor. I'm currently looking at the Acer Aspire V3-772G-9821 (even though it has a 760, is that enough to play games like Battlefield 4). Also, I'm wanting one with hardware compatible with Ubuntu, and that has an integrated fingerprint scanner (the scanner is by no means a deal breaker, but if it has, that's optimal). I don't want to buy an HP because I don't like how long my other HP systems have lasted (a year or two and then it breaks)

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

MSI are by far the cheapest quality performance laptops around. I know you can get a A10 8970m for 1300 AUD. Im sure you can find it cheaper in US. Esp with the black friday specials. Also you could buy a USB fingerprint scanner if you so wanted to.

One of the problems I have with MSI is the size of their notebooks.... they're just absolutely huge. I was hoping for something I could throw into my backpack?

Would I be able to get an Acer V3-772G-9460 (it has an NVidia GeForce GT 760M), and overclock the GPU? Or would I be better off getting a Lenovo Ideapad 510p with the SLI NVidia 755M? Mobility is also an issue, because I want to be able to pack up and take my gaming laptop with me when I leave the house.