1000$ Small Form Factor Gaming PC

There's not much out yet about the Msi mitx 760 yet but there is a 760 from asus that is essentially the same card in terms of form factor, but i can't find it anywhere even though you can find reviews on it from September... You could get the Asus 670 DcM which is basically a 760. The 760 is actually a tweaked 670 that was re branded and sold as a 7 series card. here's the Asus 670 DcM http://pcpartpicker.com/part/asus-video-card-gtx670dcmoc2gd5

But is it quiet? :/ from the few reviews I've seen on the msi, it seems to be quieter than the asus, and oc a bit better. I might wait for that. This pc is gonna be built in a few months.

You know i have been checking out node 304 build logs and it looks like the node will support a medium sized video card, with that in mind here's what I'd do http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2p3Hi I went with the Nvidia stock cooler because it will shoot air out of the case were as a nonreference card will keep most of its hot air inside the case those rising temps on the Cpu and other components. 

But if for do want a tiny video card (which you don't have to in the node) the Msi seems to be quieter 

Was only a suggestion pal, and only trying to help. If you dont want help, then dont ask.

Here I made one: A bit pricey but unfortunately many AMD cards (including that R9 290) are sold out, its either spend a bit less than 1k and get a worse card (R9 280x), or spend a bit more and get something nicer.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2p4Zn

Could cards those big fit in a SFF case?

I have a 280x and a Antec Three Hundred Two and i only managed to fit in my 280x with maybe a inch of space

I believe so, most premier cases are good with that sort of stuff now, unless they are something really niche.

also be aware of the msi Z87-gaming design..  the cpu socket is very close to the pci-e slot.. i would personaly realy go for the Asus deluxe. About the GPU, in my opinnion a GTX760 is not powerfull enough for future games. especialy on higher ress, a R9-280X or GTX770 4GB realy can come handy wenn it comes to heavly moded games like skyrim with tons of mods (if im right those mods runs best on AMD cards). R9-290 is offcourse a powerhouse but the reference cards are loud at full fan speed. if you want a quiet rig, then a R9-280X is a better choice. or a GTX770 4GB.

A GTX760 4GB version is a waste of money, because the GTX760 isn´t powerfull enough to utilize that amount of vram anyway.

Grtz Angel ☺

should i wait a little for quiet r9 290s then? and how does the asus deluxe compete against the rog impact, as in, is it the same with a lower price?

thanks for all the input so far!

You should wait to see what they'll be like, but i think they may end up out of your budget.

hm. and is the 770 more quiet than the r9 280x? (stock vs stock)

Yea Nvidia stock coolers are quieter and cooler

No :) Nvidia vs amd non reference in therms of cool and quiet it doesnt matter, cause both non reference models have mostly the same cooling design.

the R9-290 non reference models i expect them january 2014, they will probably be arround the same price as the current reference models.

That's not entirely true about the Nvidia stock coolers, they have the turbine fan which is far superior to the AMD stock cooler fan.

770 vs r9 280x on non-reference cooler?

I think this would be a good build, if you alrdy have windows and can install it trought USB. http://pcpartpicker.com/user/hoocee12/saved/3ehQ 1 thing i would add is a 230mm fan to the front and you would be good to go. It would be almost silent, and you could do some overclocking. The gpu should be powerful enough for you in the future too, and your 500w psu should be enough for this build.

well  i ment the Msi GTX770 TF and the Msi  R9-280X TF for example, offcourse there will be a littlebit of a diffrence in heat, but the cooling units are the same, reference coolers are indeed a diffrent story, and you totaly right about that, reference nvidia cards run a bit cooler then amd reference cards, but not that much Only AMD reference coolers are load on full speed.

I think you should either aim for an R9 280X or a R9 290, in which case you should wait till the come back in stock (and hopefully go back to 400USD), oh and soon they should have non-rederence designs/coolers. I agree with Mistery the 760 is not good enough for future games, also I would stay away from cards with 2GB of ram as many games are reaching that 2GB limit now and some people with them have posted here that they are running on out Vram on games like skyrim!

The R9 290 should be a safe bet but you might have to stretch your budget a bit to fit it in :p.