$1000 Gaming PC First Build

Hello everyone,

For my 16th birthday, I will be building a PC.  I have been very interested in doing so for quite some time, and I am pretty good at building things.  However, I have never really done something like this in my life.  I will probably have about a $1000 budget in total (I may have to resort to having it be an early Christmas present too, but it's totally worth it).  I have done some research over the past month and have a pretty good idea on how to actually build the PC.  However, I am not quite sure if the parts I selected are at the right price to performance ratio.  Here's my list of parts:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2329R

I live in Michigan and there is a MicroCenter nearby, so I prefer to just pick up the parts there.  I also have a decent monitor that is 1080p, which I hope to play my games at that resolution.  I bought a mechanical keyboard and already have a mouse and plan to just use headphones, so all of my peripherals are covered.  Like I said, I will do a lot of gaming with my PC, hopefully playing games like BF4, Minecraft, and other newer games.  I love games with great graphics (who doesn't?), so I would like to know what you guys think this PC could run, settings-wise (High/Ultra on some hopefully).  Also, I do the occasional video editing using Adobe Premiere Elements 9, and I might get into Adobe After Effects at some point.  For overclocking, I will probably do a slight overclock of the i5 to about 4.2 gHz, as I heard that is quite obtainable.  I'm not sure how exactly to do this, but I'm sure I could figure it out.  Also, I haven't really looked into overclocking my graphics card, as I was going to figure that out once I built my PC and set everything up.  I don't really plan on getting watercooling for my system.  Lastly, I want to get Windows 8.1.  I've heard mixed reviews, some saying it is awful, because it was designed for tablets, which I can kind of see.  However, it does come with major speed improvements (so I've heard), and I will be purchasing Start is Back to gain access to the start menu again.

For gaming, I think that anything above 30 FPS for most games should be fine.  However, 60 FPS would be perfect to me; I'm not looking for outrageous numbers I don't think.  I would prefer to have 30 FPS with better graphics, than high FPS.  As stated previously, I'll be playing on a 1080p monitor, and I like to play Minecraft, Battlefield, and Call of Duty.  However, I'm very interested in getting more games once I build my PC.  Before, I just played on an Xbox 360 and usually played Call of Duty all the time.  Now, I've been playing a lot of Minecraft and hope to run shaders, as I feel like it adds so much to the game.  Also, I'm hoping my game collection will continue to grow after I build a PC capable of running new games.

I'm kinda nervous about picking the right parts for my build, as I want to get the most out of my money.  I've never done this before, and I know there are people here that know a lot more than I do.  I'm open to any suggestions.

Thanks in advance,

Griffin

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/236KE

AS5 isn't really needed.  The thermal paste that comes with the Hyper 212 Evo works fine.

MSI Z77A-GD55 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard, for SLi support.

A-Data Premier Pro SP900 128GB 2.5" Solid State Disk.  I don't like Sandisk SSDs, as they're not really popular, nor fast, nor that reliable in general.