1 Year Linux Challenge

Ahead of his time.

2 Likes

would say it’s @redgek’s alt, but it’s not… unless deep cover

or is it @AnotherDev dun dun duhhhh

Just want to touch base here. I should have posted a long time ago, but I have been on the same install of Solus since last January. If anyone has any Solus questions, feel free to @ me. I use it mainly for IT admin tasks. I primarily supervise macs.

1 Like

Who has the time to be an alt, I already have too many personalities :wink:

3 Likes

wait is this a thing now

4 Likes

my issues with solus come down to budgie having no way to manage or fix HID devices under wayland, I have to modprobe out drivers instead of just fixing a xorg config to get my touchscreen not to freak out

2 Likes

I’ve dabbled for a long time, but never really tried to use Linux as a daily driver for more than a few days at a time before going back. I have had an UnRAID and before that Amahi server for many years as well, so really this is overdue but I’m gonna give this a shot. Been pretty much daily since 03/04/19 but the current install is only 15/04/19 since I bounced through pretty much every Manjaro desktop before sticking with KDE.

Still working out the kinks on my VM so booting into Windows pretty reguarlarly for some games at the moment, but the works getting done on Linux anyway.

PS: Edited to reflect that I just switched, not a year ago eyeroll

2 Likes

Welcome to Level1, you are in the right place. I’m still a newbe at Linux. I’ve been at this since January, and I love KDE and Arch. Level1 forums and the Archwiki can answer almost any question.
Gaming on Linux has come so far in the past few months, windows is headed for the dust bin. Enjoy the forums, everyone is here to help. Good Luck.

2 Likes

Good challenge. I also want to participate in this challenge.

5 Likes

You can do it, mate! I believe in you.

1 Like

Found this forum today, after I switched approximately 2 weeks ago, so add me to the list as of today!
4.19.34-1-MANJARO

2 Likes

Welcome, sir!

I was in class, and mentioned that I had been wanting make the switch… my professors response was “balls deep or dont bother”… here i am

Count me in.
I have got Xubuntu running on an old netbook. It will be my weekend machine, and it fits right in my backpack.

4 Likes

i’m like 7 or 8 months into this. I know I started it after august. I rarely go one windows anymore cuz I need to study for my LFCS and such.

1 Like

Almost 4 months into this adventure. It’s been the Wide World of Sports, “The Trill of Victory and The Agony of Defeat”. I got a couple of SSDs, and some thumb drives. I’ve been trying different distros. I have Mint 19.1 on an NVMe drive, it was my daily. Arcolinux has been awesome. Erik Dubois has Acrolinux setup to teach Linux. His Youtube and website are the best I have found. https://arcolinux.com and https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJdmdUp5BrsWsYVQUylCMLg
This morning I installed Arcolinuxd iso Then cloned the github for Plasma, Nano the scrips in a terminal and installed The Plasma Desktop. I’ve been modifying his scrips and writing one of my own all day. I’m working on building my own iso. It’s all good from here.

2 Likes

Hello friends, My project is based on Linux. Can anyone tell me how to learn linux so fastly. Please guide me and help me to understand microsoft compatibility telemetry in linux.

1 Like

@Nikmartin Do you have experience with unix, BSD, or using the command line in windows?

Now that Windows is going to be Linux, I will be part of the challenge.

1 Like

Dont be a follower :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes