1 Year Linux Challenge

This is an argument for not provisioning too much ram, not for excusing stupid amounts of ram usage.

3 Likes

how do i enter this thingy?

@TeckMonster when will I see you in this list?

2 Likes

When I can get Manjaro successfully installed, and get it set up to a point where I feel comfortable using it as my 1st OS.

2 Likes

Enter your name in the op

1 Like

Did you add yourself? I donā€™t see your name.

Inb4 Iā€™m blind.

1 Like

You donā€™t like fedora?

#distrowars

1 Like

inb4 i havenā€™t

1 Like

check now

1 Like

I :eye: you

1 Like

Heā€™s a good boi, Arch-based or gtfo.

#distrowars

2 Likes

Yeah linux beat apple and windows !

/s

1 Like

bring back yum-extender then we can talk

What are you talking about?

Used to be the graphical package manager for DNF in fedora. Now they use dnfdragora

Iā€™ve used Manjaro a few times and it has been really great. Itā€™s basically Arch, but with a much more user friendly installer, and package manager, and if your wanting to look up how to do something itā€™s almost guaranteed to have been done on Arch and you can just follow that tutorial to a T and itā€™ll workā€¦ well so far for me it has.
The only thing keeping it off my main PC is Iā€™m having trouble getting the bootable ISO to play nice with my Vega GPU.

I do have a 32bit laptop that I might be installing Fedora on, so maybe itā€™ll get me hooked, but so far Iā€™m loving Manjaro.

Sorry for the slow reply. I read you post when I couldnā€™t reply and forgot to reply until now.

1 Like

Yeah, I find dnfdragora to be completely trash. I just use bash.

1 Like

Itā€™s crack.

You were warned.

1 Like

yumex-dnf was amazing, RIP

Yeah itā€™ll also kill ya @TeckMonster. Use Arch, thatā€™s LSD, itā€™s not lethal and opens up your mind.