1 Hour of Insane Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

One full hour of head to head gameplay in Counter-Strike: Global Offensive!

This game looks amazing. Open beta coming soon :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogcBfHjzsIU&hd=1

Meh, it just looks like the same exact game as before with slightly better graphics. Source sucked really bad, so I'm really hesitant over whether or not I want to buy this game. I'd have to actually play it first before I made my decision. Just looks like the same boring old game though.

It's not supposed to be a different game. It's supposed to be a combination of 1.6 and Source, to bring the two groups together to form one massive fan base.

I wonder what took them such time to "release" this. The graphics are OK, nothing special that takes 5 years, as its still on the same engine.

Abstract said:

It's not supposed to be a different game. It's supposed to be a combination of 1.6 and Source, to bring the two groups together to form one massive fan base.

I know that. I'm just not sure why anyone would fork out the money for this game. The graphics are ancient history, and it's the same game everyone has been playing for years. Sure there's probably some nice updates, and maybe they fixed a lot of the issues with source, but why play the same game that has been out since steam originated when you could play a more engrossing shooter like Battlefield? When you compare it to modern games it's just boring.

Sure, when it first came out it was one of the best games of its time, but it's been years since then. Shooters have improved drastically. I loved counter strike when it first hit the market, but I'm really just insanely bored of it now. The only reason I play the game anymore is if someone I know happens to be playing it, and then I'm just playing it more for the social aspect rather than the actual gameplay.

Maybe I'm wrong though. Perhaps they've fixed so many issues with it that it actually ends up being a fun game again.

Hardcore CS players like myself love the different gametypes (gungame, dm, etc), the ability to create maps and mod, and most importantly the pace of the game.

I'm probably gonna get flamed for saying this, but games like CoD and Battlefield just don't compare to the speed of CS. The fact that I can only play CS:S, and then go LAN with my friends in CoD and kick all their asses is hilarious.

It's the speed of the game that keeps Counter Strike going. Other FPS's just don't compare

Abstract said:

Hardcore CS players like myself love the different gametypes (gungame, dm, etc), the ability to create maps and mod, and most importantly the pace of the game.

I'm probably gonna get flamed for saying this, but games like CoD and Battlefield just don't compare to the speed of CS. The fact that I can only play CS:S, and then go LAN with my friends in CoD and kick all their asses is hilarious.

It's the speed of the game that keeps Counter Strike going. Other FPS's just don't compare

Yeah, that's probably true. I guess I've just always preferred a larger scale and something that moves a little bit slower. Although games with fast gameplay can be refreshing to play every once in a while. I do like the speed of games like Unreal Tournament, and I'd probably like counter strike a lot more if the guns were more accurate and the hit-boxes weren't so screwed up. At the same time, though, I don't really feel like spending the money on a game that I already own even if they are fixing some things.

I'd rather see them just patch source so that it played more like global offensive. You shouldn't have to buy a game that you already own just for some slightly better graphics and some other minor updates.

New guns, maps, etc. The game is essentially different, updating Source wouldn't be worth it because they would be completely changing the game. Each gun in CS:GO has its own unique spray pattern, which I know would make people flip if that happened to Source. I know I would, lol.