1.4DP KVM - any luck with DP to HDMI cables?

Hey folks

I got hold of one of the 1.4 DP KVMs which landed on my doorstep today. However, its also rather annoyingly coincided with work replacing my Dell laptop (with docking station) with a 2019 mac pro. They’ve thrown in a usb multiport adapter which includes HDMI ports.

I can power my monitors directly with a HDMI - HDMI cable but i have so far been unable to find a single DP to HDMI cable to run from the KVM to my laptop that will work. Are there any known working models or is it luck of the draw?

btw, first impressions, this KVM is rock solid - build quality is far superior to the many avocent ones i’ve been forced to use beforehand.

Thanks in advance

Use and HDMI to DP that has usb power, I have had luck with the Club3d ones.

Not sure if you need 1.4 on all the monitors or not.

1 Like

thanks for this. Apols, i probably should have said i’m in the UK. I remember that brand from Wendell’s videos, but they don’t really exist in the UK except at silly prices

ouch 50GBP

https://www.amazon.co.uk/DisplayPort-Adapter-Converter-Bidirectional-Adaptador-HDMI-DP/dp/B07G796JF8
Would probably work

1 Like

thanks. I’ll take the plunge!

1 Like

this did the trick - thanks!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.