1.4 Display Port KVM Switch - Dual Monitor - Two Computer SQ8628028 console inputs don't recognize MX Vertical mouse on HID

Ordered a 1.4 Display Port KVM Switch - Dual Monitor - Two Computer
SQ8628028 back in May. I had meant to file this issue a long time ago, but got distracted with family/friend stuff starting up after vaccinations opened up to everyone.

It seems it might be similar to the “USB HID ports not working on L1KVM” topic (can’t include links). My MX Vertical mouse doesn’t work with the back HID ports or the front one; it only works w/ the USB3(?) front port. However, my non-ergo Logitech G502 mouse can use any of the ports just fine.

For ergo and cable management purposes, I would like to use the back HID port for the MX Vertical, but can’t presently. Is there a way to get it to work in the desired way w/o having to buy a hub?

Not likely. It might work if you totally uninstall all the Logitech software from all PC’s and then hard restart the KVm. Maybe then it would work.

For the USB hub I recommend a powered Anker USB hub. Anker is a good brand generally.