04 s10 build

They will fit, the problem is the wiring. Brake and signal is the same wire iirc.

Glad to offer my insight.

I think you can definitely make it to 300k. If you plan on rebuilding or swapping the engine, I’d leave it for now and if you start seeing some funny business (lifter tick, etc…) you’ll want to do a flush and just risk the leaks (they won’t be bad, just annoying to top it up every tank of gas).

At this point, it sounds like you’re more focused on keeping the engine alive for another 60k or so, which is very doable, just treat it right and don’t try to fix what’s not broken.

You are correct I’d have to get the brake signal from either the 3rd tail light or the trailer plug.

I’ve got some sort of sound that I believe to be a heat shield as it only occurs at certain rpm but it does remind me of lifter tick. But like you said if it ain’t broke don’t fix it so long as that stays the same I won’t be looking into anything. I baby it 90% of the time as well the only time it sees anything above 3k rpms is in the mud and I only do that on occasion.

One way to verify would be to see if a heat shield is loose. On older vehicles, sometimes the heat shields on the exhaust rust (or the bolts do) and can cause problems. If it’s lose, it could be a rattle. Lifter tick is pretty obvious and is usually apparent at lower RPMs.

The lack of English speaking sellers is probably because we do not sell these in Europe, not sure about the rest of the world.

To me those would be normal rear lights. America is weird with having all red lights for braking and indicating, that would be all sorts of illegal over here. Just from a sanity standpoint I would have to change all my lights if I ever drove american cars.

Ugh yeah it is at lower rpms iirc around 1500-2000 range and next time I get the chance I’ll get the shields looked at.

Yeah I’ve wondered the same as well because looking at newer cars especially imports they seem to have an independent turn signal vs. Domestics that have all red. As far as I can tell they’re for the south American and middle eastern market but I may be wrong.

1 Like